Caminino landmark's name (from Caminus = furnace) has an ancient origin, prior to the founding of the "pieve" (a "pieve" is the main countryside parish church). It is in fact related to the documented metallurgical activity in the Etruscan-Roman era, which was already testified in the immediate vicinity, called "Colline Meltallifere". This hill was perfect as its mild slopes allowed the farming activity far from the unhealthy swamps of the plain, and the constant presence of a stream of spring water, which today is the source of holy water dedicated to S. Feriolo, was fundamental to work the metal and to water the established community. Some ruins found in the area, along with a reconstruction of the ancient local net of roads, shows a certain presence of the Romans and even before, of the Etruscans. The legend tells that Feriolo, a Christian legionnaire, was killed here by the Roman archers during the persecutions, and by miracle the spring water turned red... In this area called Caminino, two documents of the 11th century, two donations dated July 1075 and September 1076 respectively began to speak of a canonical with piety functions. On April 12, 1188, Pope Clement III, confirming with a brief pontificate the assets owned by the Bishop of Grosseto Gualfredo speak of a "Plebem de Caminino". The next document mentioning this dwelling consists of the "Rationes Decimarum of 1275-6", which speak of a "Plebem S.Ferioli de Caminino" who paid, to finance businesses in the Holy Land, 24 lire, a figure among the higher than the entire diocese of Roselle-Grosseto. In the following quotation, the Church of the Roccatederighi Table of 1317, the church always presents the title of pieve, with a large estate consisting of vineyards, houses and a mill. In 1592, from pastoral visits, the village of the pieve was found to be in ruins, while the relics of the saints venerated there were moved to the church of the nearby Montemassi castle. The building, closed to the cult, reopens in the sixteenth century following the arrival of the hermitic guerrilla community led by Luca Del Teglia, revered by the local population as the "Romito Santo".At the death of the last hermit, killed by bandits, the village was abandoned and destined for demolition to recycle stone blocks. In 1872 the Auditor of the Granduke of Tuscany, Giuseppe Marrucchi, who had noticed the splendor and the excellent health of wild olive trees in the surrounding villages, bought the whole village of Pieve together with the surrounding land. Giuseppe Marrucchi was originally from Fucecchio, but resident in Florence and owner of other farms in the province of Pisa (Staffoli farm), Arezzo (farm of Gaville) and Florence (Fucecchio farm). He decided, along with his son Luigi, to try the adventure in Maremma and in 1872 bought the Pieve di Caminino with the 2400 hectares of surrounding land, which at that time extended to the municipalities of Roccastrada and Montieri. In 1878, at the death of his father, Luigi pledged to restructure the farm: he went from extensive management to intensive farming through other family farms and created the necessary structures for the farmers to live in the farmed land . In 1918, management of farms passed to his nephew Luigi, whi studied "farm managenebt" at the University of Pisa. He convinced his father Giuseppe and his uncles, Piero and Alessandro, to use agricultural mortgages to strengthen the estate of Peruzzo and Caminino, which was divided into 23 farms. The building is nowadays a fascinating holiday farmhouse and an active agricultural property owned by Arch. Piero Marrucchi.