The villa, masterpiece of late Renaissance, by the time of its construction is
always belonged to the same noble family.
The construction of Villa Emo Capodilista began in 1568, commissioned by Gabriele Capodilista and a design by Dario Varotari (Verona 1539 – Padua 1596), architect and painter, pupil of Veronese.
The square plan is reproduced in the distribution of indoor environments: in fact there are four rooms on the ground floor and four on the first floor, connected by a monumental staircase with four flights a Greek cross.
At Varotari must also mannerist frescoes of some rooms and the loggia on the ground floor, with mythological scenes and linked to the history of the family.
The frescoes in the upper loggia is instead attributed to Antonio Vassalicchi, better known as Aliense (Milos, Greece 1556 – Venice 1629). The grotesque were made by Eliodoro Forbicini (Verona about 1533 -?), While the statues surrounding the villa are attributable to Bonazza, a family of talented Venetian sculptors moved in Padua in the late seventeenth century.