Palace Adami Lami

Palazzo Adami Lami  - dimore storiche italiane

The building, where the main entrance was from the famous Santo “Fondacci” Spirit, sets out on the embankment with a face particularly complex, with four floors, from the side which then determines the corner with Via de ‘Geppi, presents a body two aces followed by a slightly behind the main building, three-axis, with windows on the main floor that look out to a balcony with iron railings, and on which adheres to right a body in one plane, to operate and access to the building and from large terrace.
Yet the whole façade shows characters that seem to indicate a reconfiguration dating back to the eighteenth century, the latter portion has fully nineteenth-century characters, with recovered items from the fifteenth-century architectural repertoire. On the main floor of the main building is a shield with the arms of Adami (in blue family, with three gold clubs, placed side by side in the pole).
On the corner with Via de ‘Geppi is a tabernacle with eighteenth-century shrine, enclosing a pregievole painting of the Madonna and Child. The palace was the residence of General James Adams, commander of the Fortezza da Basso, the Adami senators, knights of the Order of Santo Stefano: Antonfilippo, Commissioner of Pontremoli and important polygraph Italian member prominent academies such as The Colombaria, Georgofili, Arcadia, Apatisti and Etruscan (Antonfilippo left in the palace the only example of Florentine ancient Egypt dedicated gallery with frescoes inspired by the rediscovery antiquarianism, science resurrected Enlightenment in the eighteenth century thanks to intellectuals, philosophers and scientists), and Alexander, director of the royal finances of Livorno and later reference administrator for the Habsburg-Lorraine and Eng. Guido Adami Lami (1869-1911), pilot and pioneer of the Italian automotive and founder in 1899 of the automaker’s La Rondine.
In this building then, in 1759, the Englishman Charles Hadfield (father of the English painter and educator Maria Cosway who precisely was born in this house), had opened a boarding house that, at least until the eighties of the eighteenth century, was very well known and frequented by foreign travelers (including its guests remember the historian Edward Gibbon, here in 1764). In the mid-nineteenth century, the front facing the Lungarno Guicciardini was constructed an evangelical reformed church with three naves and a monumental stairwell, which housed all the foreign establishment, both resident and visiting Florence.


Salone 3  - dimore storiche italiane

he building, where the main entrance was from the famous Santo “Fondacci” Spirit, sets out on the embankment with a face particularly complex, with four floors, from the side which then determines the corner with Via de ‘Geppi, presents a body two aces followed by a slightly behind the main building, three-axis, with windows on the main floor that look out to a balcony with iron railings, and on which adheres to right a body in one plane, to operate and access to the building and from large terrace.
Yet the whole façade shows characters that seem to indicate a reconfiguration dating back to the eighteenth century, the latter portion has fully nineteenth-century characters, with recovered items from the fifteenth-century architectural repertoire. On the main floor of the main building is a shield with the arms of Adami (in blue family, with three gold clubs, placed side by side in the pole).
On the corner with Via de ‘Geppi is a tabernacle with eighteenth-century shrine, enclosing a pregievole painting of the Madonna and Child. The palace was the residence of General James Adams, commander of the Fortezza da Basso, the Adami senators, knights of the Order of Santo Stefano: Antonfilippo, Commissioner of Pontremoli and important polygraph Italian member prominent academies such as The Colombaria, Georgofili, Arcadia, Apatisti el ‘Etruscan (Antonfilippo left in the palace the only example of Florentine ancient Egypt dedicated gallery with frescoes inspired by the rediscovery antiquarianism, science resurrected Enlightenment in the eighteenth century thanks to intellectuals, philosophers and scientists), and Alexander, director of the royal finances of Livorno and later reference administrator for the Habsburg-Lorraine and Eng. Guido Adami Lami (1869-1911), pilot and pioneer of the Italian automotive and founder in 1899 of the automaker’s La Rondine.
In this building then, in 1759, the Englishman Charles Hadfield (father of the English painter and educator Maria Cosway who precisely was born in this house), had opened a boarding house that, at least until the eighties of the eighteenth century, was very well known and frequented by foreign travelers (including its guests remember the historian Edward Gibbon, here in 1764). In the mid-nineteenth century, the front facing the Lungarno Guicciardini was constructed an evangelical reformed church with three naves and a monumental stairwell, which housed all the foreign establishment, both resident and visiting Florence.
t


Salone 4  - dimore storiche italiane
Services :
Vacations In Italy
Business Events Venues In Italy
Parties And Celebration Venues In Italy
Art And Cultural Events Venues In Italy
Movie Set

General Info

  • Swimming Pool :
  • Wellness SPA :
  • Facilities for Disabled People :
  • Wi-Fi :
  • Pets Allowed :
  • Park or Garden :

Accomodation

  • Rooms : N.A.
  • Beds : N.A.
  • Price per Day (Whole House) : 1000€
  • Price per Week (Whole House) : 5000€
  • Price per Day (Room) : N.A.
  • Price per Week (Room) : N.A.

Events and Weddings

  • Available Halls : 1
  • Seats : 100

Movie Set

  • Outdoor :
  • Indoor :
  • Garden :
  • Swimming Pool :
  • Heavy Vehicles Allowed :
Palace Adami Lami

Region : Tuscany

Province : FI

City : Firenze

Address : Lungarno Guicardini, 17

ZIP Code : 50125

Do You want to contact this Historic House? fill out the form below (no fees applied for booking through this site)

Salone 7  - dimore storiche italiane

At the moment there are no comments on this house


Have You already visited this Historic House? fill out the form below and let us know Your opinion about

Discover all the Italian Historic Houses nearby

  • Mapei supports Dimore Storiche Italiane

    Mapei, the world leader in the production of adhesives and chemical products for the building industry, supports the Italian Historic Houses Association, confirming its commitment to the protection and enhancement of the cultural heritage of the nation. A commitment that sees Mapei active both through economic support through the continuous research: the company has long developed a line of products specifically designed for the restoration of historic buildings, compatible with the - [...]
    Read Article
  • Travel to Apulia and Salento: 28-31 October 2016

    In October it will be possible to live an unprecedented experience travel in Apulia. In addition to Castel del Monte, the great cathedrals, picturesque trulli and expanses of olive trees, there is a Apulia that still survives, unchanged over the centuries, linked to families who were able to preserve their traditions. You can admire a messapian grave in a private garden of Lecce, have breakfast - [...]
    Read Article
  • Vinitaly 2016: Grand Tour of Italy with the Historic Houses Association

    From April 10th to 13th, 2016 30,5 millions of bottles 15000 hectares of untouched landscape will represent the Associazione Dimore Storiche Italiane (Italian Historic Houses Association) at VINITALY through the presence of 40 members’ wineries, historic buildings owners who, with the Italian wine industry, confirm Verona as a privileged place to create economic induced.Like the French chateaux, the Italian Historic - [...]
    Read Article