That of Oleggio, in the province of Novara, and the old residence, property of the Marquis Dal Pozzo d’Annone that arises is a long history, which began in 900, when it was brought to light a Roman fort where, they say, was dislocated the V Legion.
The castrum called Q.Legio, hence the name Olegio, was renamed in 1186 Oleggio Castello Visconti in honor of the building built around 1000.
It was from the shores of Lake Maggiore, the Visconti, around 1200, moved to the domain of the Lordship of Milan, taken in 1277.
In the following centuries, the castle, recently defended the absence of his lords, was the subject of many attacks, intrusion and fire until you get to a partial, but substantial destruction.
Towards the middle of the eighteenth century, the descendants of the Visconti, became of Aragon by permission of King Ferdinand of Naples, through the recovery of those who were now the ruins of the castle, built a residential building.
The Marquis Alberto Visconti d’Aragona, around 1830, was implicated for his active participation in the Carbonari uprisings and, sentenced to death for this crime and expropriation of assets.
The property passed to his sister, the wife of Boniface dal Pozzo d’Annone, originally from Piedmont.
The son Claudio, a great lover of art and architecture, and particularly interested in the movement “Arts and Crafts” by William Morris, redesigned the facility as a Victorian neo-gothic castle surrounded by a majestic and beautiful park.
Nearby is the Palace belonging to the Visconti of Aragon of the eighteenth century, whose structure is made up of the main house, an Italian garden and the ancient barns adjacent to the homes of factors.
Around the year 1860 it was inhabited by the last descendant of Aragon of the Visconti of Milan which, promoter of the unification of Italy, was sentenced to death and expropriated property.
Virginia, his sister, so he received the goods Feudi ancestral.
The building later became home to many local families with the transition of the two World Wars. When Oleggio became a municipality, the palace was the seat of the municipal school in the country.
In a period after it was abandoned and the slow deterioration continued until the idea to restore it with the current destination hotel, especially when choice to revive the town of Oleggio internationally.