When the morning of February 18, 1512 Gaston de Foix nephew of Louis XII of France in command of 6,000 Re between Gascon and mercenaries set fire to the city of Brescia our house in the small town of Macesina existed. Outpost of Drugolo castle withstood the siege under the command of French noble Averoldi. Witness the inscription on the stone of the remains of a Venetian sentry box found in the restoration of the walls of the old orchard.
In later times it was converted to agricultural use with the construction of the stables and the barn until the pigeon tower with attic for the storage of grain. The architecture reflects the influences of the Spanish domination of the era when the house of Bourbon in Spain dominated the neighboring duchy of Milan. Especially in the part of the inner courtyard and portico with large front door that goes on the marble keystone of Botticino date 1654 usuete with slits for the sighting and defense in an era that saw the streets and countryside swarm of Bravi and Briganti.
Entrance where then more recently will rise the old tavern “Al Vino Ugly” witness to the passing of Cardinal Borromeo a wall Santella Manzoniana memory
In 1777 it was built the large, bright gallery to Lombarda to the rooms and the largest breeding area of silkworms, supported by an imposing marble colonnade of Mazzano. The date is certain from a manuscript found in the course of the restoration work in a ravine dell’assito the attic support. Written by a scribe of the time Dany Zeo on behalf of the buyer a certain Cominelli, who was the carpenter who built the wooden partitions of the lodge, it is a supplication that we have reconstructed the text from the faded ink.
In 1779 the building was completed by the superelevation of the attic and the date is determined from nonogramma that the foreman left imprinted in fresh mortar of a wall of the corridor.
From the same period are the frescoes found under a layer of plaster in one of the bedrooms intended for the couple who own era. It shows a cupids game and a wish to fertility with images of Venus. The walls are decorated with an order “trompe l’oeil”, reproducing the nearby Palazzo Arzaga, with the little church of the Forest of the Dead, the Drugolo Castle and then to Padenghe, the Rocca di Manerba, Sirmione and the Parish of SantEmiliano .
You can read the traces of Venetian domination of the Lion of St. Mark which overlooks one of the input ports from the orchard to the loggia.
The early nineteenth century the property of the Countess Virginia Cogollo Francesco Veronesi source that renews the frescoes in the dining room in the neoclassical style.
Subsequently the Macesina palace passed into property of a hungarian Officer of the Imperial Cavalry certain De Vitalitze. After 1859 with the bloody battle of Solferino and S. Martino where the Franco-Piedmontese troops defeated the Austrungariche troops that replicate outside the Lombardy territory, the house remains in the property of such official family italianized named De Vitalis and It lives up to the middle of the last century with the last heiress Miss Emilia maiden and last heir without direct descendants.
During those years the house suffers a progressive deterioration and abandonment until the end of the last century when the Cav. Luigi Becchetti entrepreneur Lumezzane now undermined in Bedizzole since 1964 with the Metals Industry, or takes over the property. E ‘in 2007 that his son Dr. Corrado and his wife Gabriella Grigionese Becchetti Binkert nor starts a thorough restoration that lasted more than five years restoring the house to its original splendor.